Who could have known that meeting a of 32 people in a bay area garage on a rainy night in 1975 could spark a revolution that would eventually affect your every life. On March 5th, 1975 a group of hobbyist’s met in the Garage of Gordon French an engineer and did just that.
Video from my first trip to Sweden where I had the pleasure to see a street performer playing glasses on the street. This is something that you see a lot of in Europe. Certainly more in Europe than you do in the USA unless you are in New York.
There are a host of reasons that one should not gossip.
- Lost productivity and wasted time,
- Erosion of trust and morale,
- Increased anxiety among employees as rumors circulate without any clear information as to what is fact and what isn’t,
- Growing divisiveness among employees as people “take sides,”
- Hurt feelings and reputations,
- Jeopardized chances for the gossipers’ advancement as they are perceived as unprofessional, and
- Attrition as good employees leave the company due to the unhealthy work atmosphere.
The only people who gossip are people whose personal lives are not fulfilling enough. If you are happy and content with your life, why do you even care what is going on in someone else’s? There is no reason to engage in this petty behavior — all it does is make you look pathetic and jealous.